We don’t get out as a family a lot anymore, with all of us having pretty hectic schedules, but Sunday was beautiful and so the four of us got in the Scion and headed to Plymouth for the day.
So I learned about menu planning from Tanya. Nothing hard but one day I was at her house and she had her menu for the next week all planned out and I thought what a smart idea that is! Right now, without a job, its easier for me to come up with a dinner on the fly but why not figure this out and with the help of pinterest, I have been trying out a ton of new recipes, some of which I’ve posted on here. I think today I’m going to share with you my menu plan so if you are hungry and looking for something fun, might be of interest to you. I will add recipes as we find what we think of them. I’ve tweaked a lot of them to be more weight watchers friendly. Here is what’s on the menu for the next week or so…
Tonight – Broccoli Chicken Ring (this is a Pampered Chef recipe that will definitely need to be tweaked some but if not, it’s why I am having it on weigh in day)
Sunday – Chicken Rollatine (I’m not a big fan of riccota cheese, which is in this, so it might not be worth it but I’m going to try it anyway)
Monday – Beef Fajitas (crock pot dish as this is cake decorating class night so needed something easy)
Tuesday – Chicken Ranch Tacos (these sound yummy…will have to not include the ranch for Brittany though)
Wednesday – Beef & Broccoli (this has become a favorite in this house since the first time I made it so it’s part of the rotation now)
Thursday – Buffalo Chicken Pizza (won’t be too spicy but looking forward to this)
Friday – We are heading to the cape so dinner is being cooked by Mom
Saturday – Shepherd’s Pie (such a simple dish and I mess it up all the time…)
Sunday – Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken (so yummy)
Monday – Walking Tacos (again, another thing I learned from Tanya – THANK YOU TANYA!! YOU ARE THE BEST!! but it’s the last cake decorating night on a Monday for now)
Tuesday – Chicken with Balsamic Vinegar and Sweet Onion (This should have Thyme in it but I think Zachary might be allergic to it so it won’t be part of it)
I also have stuff for two lunches to have something different than just a sandwich – Broccoli, Grape and Pasta Salad and Chicken Mozzarella Melts. Going to be a yummy week! Will also probably do the salad that I’ve already posted on here with the Poppy Seed Dressing because I love that! Happy cooking!!
So I’ve gotten in to sewing more than I was in the past, more than just some quilts and I’ve made a purse or four. I’m having fun with it and going to attempt a cosmetic purse next and then maybe a shirt or skirt…cross your fingers that it works.
So I remember the Strawberry Summer Salad that they had at Panera last year and it was so super yummy. I tried to recreate it myself but Poppy Seed Dressing just isn’t good bought from the store. This, on the other hand, is super yummy. I found it on Pinterest and other than just a change to the type of mayo that they had on the page, I kept it pretty much the same. I also added chicken to the salad.
Haven’t done one of these in awhile and since I lost my job, I think this will be one based on things that I would like to accomplish now that I am part of the unemployed set.
1. I need to apply for unemployment obviously. I tried to do that today and got there at 8:30 this morning for a line already started and the office not opening until 10 because of a meeting they were having. Kind of silly I think, but what do I know.
2. I need to get some sewing done. Angie’s birthday is coming up and I haven’t even started working on her quilt and I need to get my Mom’s finished. I also want to start some little projects that I have found online recently.
3. I got my resume to Tanya and would love to maybe work part time at Care.com but I know I have to wait until there are some openings again. I think it would be nice to be able to do that.
4. I was told that you could go to school on unemployment and they would pay for it, so I think it would be good to maybe look into that and go for graphic arts if possible. I would love to do something with that when I grow up.
5. I need, not even just want, to get my house organized. It’s a bit of a mess and I need to get rid of some things. Looking forward to doing that.
6. I want to start spending more time with my family, not only the ones that I live with but the ones that I don’t see as much. I miss Rachel and Lauren and Tanya and the kids and it will be fun to be able to maybe spend some more time with them.
7. Though I don’t have a lot of money right now, I want to start planning Brittany’s party so that I can do whatever I can now and get as much done as possible. Still have to book the place first.
8. I want to continue to keep trying new recipes. I’ve been trying a lot recently and I am loving it. Maybe if I could come up with my own things too instead of keep borrowing them from mainly pinterest.
9. I need to continue with my diet. Since being laid off, I haven’t been great about following weight watchers and I really need to get back in to it. I don’t really have an excuse for not doing it, just more of self pity I guess.
10. I want to start using more coupons. I always forget to look for them and use them, so I want to make sure that I am using them more. Going to have to be very frugal until we can get in to the groove of my being laid off.