I haven’t done one of these in quite some so I thought what better day than today to do one… Though Thanksgiving has passed (I can’t get the holiday straight, I keep calling it Valentine’s Day), I am going to name some people/things that I am grateful for. They may not be the obvious ones, trying to go a little away from that.
1. My cousin Stacie and Zoe Mansfield – I started Weight Watchers two weeks ago, as you know from other posts, and I am so grateful that I have them both to go with me. I don’t think I could do it on my own and Stacie has been such a huge help every time I have a freak out.
2. Peggy Brooks – Anyone who knows me and my work situation may find this one strange, but with some of the changes recently, Peggy has been a bit of a sounding board. It has been tough recently and people are on edge and jumping down each others throats at time and Peggy is one of the few who remember that we are all in this together and that we can’t take it out on each other.
3. Cold Medicine – I have been sick for what seems like forever and thankfully cold medicine was invented to help me from calling out of work and crawling back to bed. I probably should do it, but I just don’t have the time off and things are stressful there anyway and I don’t want to leave them feeling screwed if I am not there.
4. My blog, which would include Tommy and Tanya for making it possible for me – I may not always find time to put my thoughts down, but it does help to do it. There are thoughts that I can put out on the internet for everyone to see and if I would like, I can write things that only I can see (I’ve done it and it helps).
5. My Nook – it has gotten me through many a cheerleading practice this past football season. It’s a 20 minute drive to Brittany’s school and when she has to be there for anywhere from an hour to two hours, it’s crazy to drive home, so I either sit in the parking lot of the school or I will head over and sit at Walmart for the couple of hours. I have read quite a bit this year because of it.
6. Me nephew Lucas – I don’t think anyone gets as excited to see me as that kid! “Auntie Julie’s here! Woo hoo!” I love seeing him as his face lights up every time I come over. I love seeing all my nieces and nephews, but the genuine excitement in that kids face when I come over overwhelms me.
7. My Mom for teaching me to quilt – I really enjoy doing it (and need to get some done as I have three blankets to do for Christmas). I think I’m getting better too!!
8. Brittany – for being able to feel she can come to me for anything, even if I don’t want to hear it. I am glad we are as close as we are at her age. I don’t think I was as close with my Mom at that age. I love her more and more everyday. Sometimes I worry that we aren’t as close and then something changes to make a differently.
9. Zachary – How can you not be thankful for this kid? His laughter alone fills the house and it makes me smile (though I wish I heard it more sometimes). His smile is infectious. He will do anything for me, with minimal complaint.
10. And lastly, Eric – he loves me no matter what is going on.