Ten of my favorite smells…
1. The bathroom after Zachary takes his shower
2. Before the rain comes
3. Grapes, I believe they were grapes anyway. We used to have them at the apartment across the street in Whitman and they smelled so sweet and tasted super good! I smelled it the other day at SSVT and it brought back memories.
4. Babies, they always smell so good!
5. Grass right after it was mowed.
6. Chocolate, always smells so good.
7. Bread, especially when its baking! Yum!!
8. Fire. I love the smell of sitting by a fire at night (or during the day).
9. Laundry. I love the smell of the dryer or the laundry mat.
Some more reads from this summer…
Diary of a Mad Fat Girl by Stephanie McAfee – Not what I expected I think as I got it awhile ago and forgot what it was but at 125 pages, it was a super quick read. And I think it was free or close to free through the Nook, so you can’t go wrong there. What happens when three girls find themselves in three different predicaments (fired from a teaching job for having sex with a student, beaten by your husband and the love of your life coming back)? Well, a few hilarious little trips to solve some problems and an unbelievable new friend (wish I had that one). Cute little book.
Divorced, Desperate and Delicious by Christie Craig – Basically a Harlequin Romance book but a good quick read. Had a little suspense and drama in it. And of course, some good heart-warming love and other stuff.
Heaven is for Real by Todd and Sonja Burpo was a good book. Nice little thing.
Divorced, Desperate and Dating by Christie Craig – Part 2 of the series that I started…still a good book though.
Divorced, Desperate and Deceived by Christie Craig – Part 3 of the above series…just a little more romance and actually, a bit more romance in this one as opposed to the last one.
Stars Collide by Janice Thompson – A nice romance about two actors who work together and fall together. A little preachy in some parts but nice enough.
Dispatches from a Public Librarian by Scott Douglas – Thought this would be more interesting than it was. He does mention a book that I might go look for instead though I can’t remember the name of that one.
‘E’ is for Evidence by Sue Grafton – Another one of her alphabet series and I enjoyed this one too.
Dating a Cougar by Donna McDonald – Another series that I have started. Over 500 pages and I thought it was going to drag but I actually read it pretty fast. The guy in it is a bit of a jerk and I wouldn’t date him, but a nice read.
I think that brings me to 34 books so far this year. Not too bad. I love to read and I’m having so much fun with my Nook!!
So I’m home today as I don’t feel so good and haven’t been for some time so now I have some time to do some posts that I have been waiting to do but wanted to get this one in too. This will be things I want to get done over the winter.
- I need to work on a few more blankets and should be cutting out fabric right now instead of typing up a ToT.
- I want to lose 10 lbs over the winter, so any help pushing with this would be great!!
- I want to get my bedroom straightened up and cleaned out. It’s a bit of a mess and a bit overstuffed.
- I want to find a bunch of recipes to try this year.
- I want to read more and more this winter. I have read quite a bit and I want to add to that. I am so loving my Nook!!
- I want to be able to have most of my Christmas shopping done soon. I will still be there to enjoy my favorite holiday, Black Friday but Walmart has layaway back so there will be things put on there as soon as I can.
- I want to make sure I’m blogging more (though this is like the 3rd or 4th blog I’ve done today but not all posted today). I feel like I’ve been very lazy about it.
- Going back to losing weight, I want to get back in to exercising again. I had every intention of working my butt of yesterday but with the fever, etc, it didn’t seem like a good idea yesterday. May need a new Wii for it though as I want to get back in to Zumba and the Wii isn’t working currently.
- I want to not hate my job anymore. I want to either enjoy it or find something else (and I don’t want to have to go find something else).
- Our lives are so busy with sports and school, etc and I want to initiate date night again, not just with Eric but I enjoy my time with the kids one on one too. Maybe I can start every other week or so with one person and just spend some one on one time. We will see…
I am so proud of the quilt and the pillow that I made for Brittany for her birthday this year. It came out pretty good. I am having so much fun making them!!
Just a quick post to let you all know that there is a great contest on the-cheap.net, a site that I am on weekly (try to be on more but I don’t get to use my computer as much as I would like to with Brittany’s being broken and Zac not having one) but when I do get my computer, I’m always checking out this site. They are having a contest for a Nook Simple Touch Reader, which would be great for Brittany, so I am trying for it myself. I think it might help her read more if it’s just something like mine that she can take with her. I love my Nook (and I know Eric loves it too)!!! For those that currently have one, makes a great gift and you don’t have to do much to be in the contest and for those that don’t have one, Why?? I have read so much since getting mine!!
So today we went shopping for Brittany’s homecoming dress and she found the perfect one for her but which did she choose? Stay tuned…
Got to hang out with two of my favorite people this weekend, Lucas and K-Cup! Haven’t hung out with a baby in quite some time but had a great time with her and Lucas. Zachary was a great help with the kids, Brittany too. Was a busy couple of days with them and we put in as much as we could, apple picking and going to the park. I don’t envy Lisa an dMike and all the things they had to bring back with them afterwards.
Just some random thoughts from my crazy mind…
- I cannot wait to make pasta on Saturday night!!
- I love getting in the shower after Zachary. It smells like Axe and his deodorant and it just shows me that he is growing up.
- I don’t hate my job as much now that I wear my headphone in one ear with Pandora playing and my headset in the other ear. I can drown out most of the noise that goes on around me.
- Waiting for cheer to end yesterday, I went “window shopping” there were a few cute shirts I want at Macy’s and one at Walmart, though that one was a plus size and there aren’t a lot of fall shoes out right now. Everything seems to be open-toed right now, which seems odd. I do like these though and I think I would fall less in those this year. They seem to have a better heal.
- Aunt Sue is cleaning out her place and found a bunch of fabric that she gave to Mom and I. We went through it and took what we wanted but there was still quite a bit of fabric left, so after doing a little research we found Project Linus who will take the fabric and any new, handmade quilts or afghans that you would like to donate and will give them, at least where we found, to kids on the Cape who will love them! I think it’s awesome that something Gram touched will be going to help little kids in need!
- I have three fantasy football teams this year, not the two that I originally thought I had.
- I need to get better about this blog than I have been. Without football this year, it might be easier.
- I want to take a line dancing class at Brittany’s school this year but it’s Mondays and it’s Eric’s night off. Though if I only take the first class (can’t really afford both anyway), I would be there only for an hour and it wouldn’t be so bad. Besides, football is on Mondays now so it’s not like there would be a date night happening anytime soon.
- I feel like my nose has been stuffy forever and it’s just getting old.
- I need to get up and start getting ready for work, so that’s it. Have a great Tuesday all! Love you!! <3
So the kids have been in school for just under a week now and I was going through some old pictures of the two of them and I can’t get over how old they are getting and how much they have grown. Here are some pictures of them through the years…
I haven’t done one of these in a little bit, so I figured what better time than to do one today now that the kids are back in school:
- Things are getting better at work. I have started wearing my headphones while working so with music in one ear and a customer in another, it makes it kind of easier to just let everything around me be zoned out. The music isn’t loud enough that I can’t hear anything around me but enough to keep out some of the negativity.
- It’s strange not having to be at football practice everyday and I miss it. I would never tell Zac that but I do miss it.
- I have enjoyed going to Six Flags all summer and hope that we can do the passes again next year. It’s been a fun time, even with the driving. I think though that next year I want to do another hotel weekend but rent a better room next time at a better hotel so that we aren’t so close and it wasn’t so gross.
- I can’t believe that Brittany is a sophomore in high school. I still don’t think she understands that her being where she is will open up so many doors for her! She will have her CNA by the middle of her junior year. That is amazing! I am so proud of her and jealous at the same time. I’m 22 years older than her and still have no idea what I want to do when I grow up and she knows. Good for her!!
- I am also proud of Zachary and the person that he is becoming, even if he drives me nuts at times. Seventh grade. He’s halfway through with Middle School. I can’t believe it. We went to open house tonight and I can’t that next year we will go to the meeting for the 8th grade trip! Oh my! When did they get older? It’s crazy!!
- Football has started and I am currently part of two fantasy leagues! What did Eric do to me? I remember when I just watched hockey and that wasn’t even all the time. It’s crazy! One league with Eric, this being my third year (I believe) and one with Ben Fletcher. What happened to me? I still can’t get in any of the other fantasy sports, as you change them too much, but oh my, it’s a lot of fun! It makes watching the games so much more interesting now. Speaking of which, don’t be good Aaron Rodgers, as my league with Ben has me going up against him tonight…
- Back to football, it’s very strange to have open week nights and weekends. Zachary has been playing football for five years now and it takes up a lot of our time. It’s weird to have all this time on our hands.
- With time on our hands, I am hoping to get more quilts done. I have one started, I just need to now get the back for it. I love this one! It’s probably the best I’ve done so far! The squares are pretty aligned and I’m super proud of it. Granted, it’s only 3 blocks of 9 by 4 blocks of 9, so it was pretty easy. I need to get Winnie the Pooh for the back of it as that is the plan for the room. Still have ones to make for Julie (and no I’m not talking about myself), Angie and Lucas. And of course, the one for Mom that she won at the raffle.
- This one is just to show Zachary that I can do this without lookin gat the computer because he doesn’t think I can. Now my eyes are closed because he thinkgs tghat I am cheating. (I’m looking at it now just to say that I am leaving the line messed up because it wasn’t bad for not looking, even while Zachary covered my eyes).
- I’m wondering if I could find a job that I could do and still work from home. Not a full time job just something to make up for the fact that I am about to lose my quarterly bonuses and have already lost the monthly spiffs along with the one day sales bonuses that we used to make. Not sure even what to do to look for though. I should probably talk to Tommy and Tanya and see if there is something through care.com that I can do. (<–this was all done with my eyes covered because Zachary is a pain in the butt. No mistakes on this one though…I even backspaced on some things because I knew that I messed up. Gotcha Zac!!)