This is the finished blanket that I did for Mikayla…Sorry some of the images are so dark.
So I started planning out how I’m going to put her blanket together and I think I’m super excited about the outcome! I’m going to do each square with two different fabrics and have a 4 x 4 block of them. In each of those blocks, there will be one white spot with a picture in it. It will be a random block in each of them. Maybe two, but definitely one! Super excited about it! Though not that I’m looking at the picture, I might rearrange again. Too dark at the bottom. Might switch it up so the darker of the white background ones are in the corner…Oh no! I went back and forth with this thing so many times already!
1. I have an ISR day at work tomorrow (inside sales rep) where we have a sale on a particular brand and I’m trying to raise the money to get myself a Nook Color. I’m up to $175 so far, which with the discount at Walmart, I’m only $50 away! Woo hoo!!
2. I am so tired of the Royal Wedding talk! I don’t care that they are getting married anymore. I want one of these!
3. We are this close to having the softball tournament all set and ready to go for this year. I can’t wait to have a date for this!
4. I can’t wait to see Water for Elephants. We are supposed to have a day with all the girls. I hope that’s planned for soon.
5. Eric and I are going to the Cape on Friday for the weekend. I can’t wait!!
6. I can’t believe that on Sunday, Eric and I will have been married for 12 years! Not 37 like Mom and Dad, but we are getting there!
7. Brockton Rox start soon! Looking foward to heading to a game or two (or three).
8. I am thinking of doing bracelets this year for Team Billy and Rachel and selling them at the tournament. We will see…
9. I would like the bird that has been living in our dryer vent to please stay away. How do I get him to stay away??
10. I am super excited about Kimmy’s blanket I’m making. I started cutting out squares and I’m loving the patterns together so far. I can’t wait to start sewing it!!
This one is near and dear to my heart, so I wanted to make sure that I put this in here. Sun Screen Day educates and brings awareness to the importance of using sunscreens to protect yourself and your children from harmful UV rays from the sun. This day is always held on May 27th, just before summer and vacation season begins.
Ultraviolet rays from the sun are a serious risk to your health. With the steady depletion of the ozone layer above the earth, more and stronger UV rays get through.
Overexposure to the sun can cause a number of health problems. It can cause skin cancer and sunspots. It can also result in premature aging of your skin.
Doctors and medical professionals advocate the use of sunscreen to guard against health problems. They recommend SPF of 15 or more (my sister recommends 30 or more). Sunscreens should be used for ALL outdoor activities, including swimming. Even on cloudy days, as UV rays can penetrate through the clouds. My sister was diagnosed with Stage 1B Melanoma on August 2nd of 2010 and it was just a little spot and the part that they had to take out of her leg is too big to be from just the little spot that was the original source. It’s something she has to live with for the rest of her life. Please be careful and protect your skin.
Things have been tough financially but there are some things that I would like to get eventually. Nothing exciting and nothing really too expensive, but this would be the list of things that I would like eventually…
1. Nook Color – a friend of mine can “tweak” it and make it special for me! Also, I can still borrow books from the library with it which is pretty cool.
2. A new camera. My current one is sticking in places. Not good… Not sure what kind I would like though. I like the Kodak and Nikon brands though.
3. Bamboo Handheld Viva la Vera from Vera Bradley. I love this bag! It’s super pretty.
4. I’ve gotten in to sewing a bit with the quilts and all and I think I would like a sewing machine of my own. Brittany’s I can use and the one from my Grandmother is great and will stay with me forever, but I think I would like something more modern that is my own.
5. I want a Keurig. I know Eric thinks they are silly and more expensive than needed but I love them and would be more likely to drink tea and things like that with it. I hate boiling water for it. It’s just a pain. Would be easier for the kids for hot cocoa too. And actually for Zac when it comes to his coffee.
6. There are a few Pandora (or other types of the same stuff) charms I would like for my bracelet, including Open Heart, pretty flower one (my name, not theirs), Forget-Me-Not, Love Me White Mother of Pearl, Football, and Pink Flowers. There were others, but I tried to keep them under $50.
7. Bose radio. I would like one of these but not a must have…
8. Ipod Touch. I don’t need to put a link for this, as it’s just a given…
9. An outdoor stereo for the porch. I can’t seem to find the one I want to show a link but I know what it is and it’s white and tall (about up to my knees). I want to say I’ve seen it at Sears and Brookstone, but I don’t remember. I know that it was Ipod compatible though.
10. A firepit. We lent ours to Lisa and Mike and I don’t see us getting it back. Not a big deal, but just thought I would add it.
So I lost another 1.4lbs. Still has me up around 189. I can’t seem to get down to the 186 first goal. It’s killing me. I need to do something more. I guess more walking would be good. I also have to do the Zumba Wii video more, but I’ve just been so tired. I have to start making myself do it I guess. Tomorrow night…
1. My nails are starting to grow though I still think they are a little softer than they could be. I try to paint them recently but I’m not so good at remembering to do that or take off the old stuff. Need to do that tonight.
2. Baseball/softball season is back! I’m so happy! Means the good weather is coming and we can get out and enjoy it! I’m tired of being stuck in the house.
3. Money has been super tight recently. We need to get out of the hole that we are in.
4. Still can’t believe Gram is gone. I dreamed about her the other night. She was awake, for the most part, but still in bed when I saw her. I got to hug her though which was nice.
5. I have so many books out of the library right now. Eight books I believe. No it’s nine. I haven’t been reading as fast as I do normally so I have to get reading.
6. Speaking of books, I would really like a Nook Color. It won’t happen anytime soon because we are in a hole, but I would really like one.
7. I could also use a new camera. My camera is pretty done. The lens doesn’t open all the way anymore. So sad by that.
8. Still worried about my relationship with. It feels shaky at times. I wish I knew how to fix it.
9. I need to start talking to someone myself, a professional, but I can’t seem to find someone. Everyone I call either doesn’t return my calls or is the wrong kind of doctor. Brittany needs someone too.
10. Looking forward to my weekend on the Cape in a little over two weeks. Eric and I really could use it.
So I’m working on my next quilt and pretty excited about this one! Kimmy’s will be black and white with a purple background (as of right now, that color might change). There will be a surprise, that I will tell more about later (though I have said it a few times to some people). I can’t wait! I’m excited about this one. Here are the fabrics that I have picked out.
So on Thursday, I got on the scale for the first time in a couple of weeks and had gained 5.1lbs. That brings my next Wii goal to needing to lose 10.1lbs. I was so sad when I saw it though I knew why I had gained the weight. Things were tough the last couple of weeks with Gram and all and I wasn’t sleeping and I wasn’t paying attention to eating and I wasn’t exercising and I’m getting closer to my monthly gift. I was going from work to throwing something in my mouth (a couple of times McDonald’s) then to Grams then to SSVT. I wasn’t stopping and I wasn’t caring what I ate or did. I’ve gotten back on the diet part and am now down 1.1 of the 10.1lbs, so that’s a good thing. Hopefully it will go faster than not but we will see. Cross your fingers for me, as I have a pair of pants that aren’t fitting so good right now.
I wanted a record of these for myself. I will add more as they come but I know that they will only be on the site until May 14th-ish…
April 06, 2011
Dear Sue and family, So sorry to hear about Julie passing.I know how close you and the family are.It,s a great loss for everyone who had the good fortune to have had her for a friend. your family will be in my thoughts and prayers Love, Barbara Condon
April 05, 2011
Julia…being your caregiver was the best job a gal could ever have. You always made me laugh so hard I would have tears in my eyes. I will miss your good honest advice and your beautiful smile. I feel an emptiness without you being part of my day to day routine. I will see you again someday pretty lady, and if you happen to see me first I wanna hear “YOO HOO!”….love you so much Miss Julia….Rest in Peace.
Angela (Angie) Sforza,
April 04, 2011
Gram, we will miss you so much! I have so many memories that involve you and they will live in my heart forever! I love you so much!
April 04, 2011
Julie, Eric, Brittney, Zachary, and family:
I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your grandmother. I know you will all cherish her memory forever. My prayers are with all of you at this time of sorrow. I am here for you if you need anything.
April 03, 2011
there isn’t a childhood memory that doesn’t include our family’s being together. We are lucky and special to have such love between us all no matter the time or distance between us.. I have so many wonderful memories of my Aunt that there are to many to list….I have always had a connection with Aunt Julie and love to talk with her. Spending time with her was wonderful she always made me smile and it was because of her smile, like she really had the angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other…I will miss her everyday , I love you so much, rest now you deserve it…Love and Kisses Rowena
April 03, 2011
Dear Sue…one of my first memories (around 4 or 5 I am guessing), is of your family but especially of your mother. I always felt warmed & welcome in her kitchen and have so many fond memories of her while growing up.
She was a wonderful lady who lived a long and wonderful life surrounded by lots of family and love. I am just glad to have known her for a bit during my lifetime. She will be missed but not without a big smile when I think of her.
Condolences to all you. I’m with you in spirit.
Love … Jeannie (Douglas)
April 03, 2011
My deepest sympathy to you and your family at this time of great loss. The memories you have of her long and full life will help you at this time of great loss. Julia, keep rooting for the Red Sox from heaven – they always need fiercely loyal fans.
With Deepest Sympathy.
April 03, 2011
Susan and family,
I was so sorry to hear of your mother’s passing. I have such fond memories of your mother when I visited with Edna and Rita. Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you all at this time.
April 03, 2011
Mom we love you and we will miss you.
Tom and Laurie