This was a book about twins who were not raised together, had very different upbringings and who met under not so great circumstances. Benny Rosato was a powerful lawyer when her twin sister Alice Connelly found her. Alice was in prison for murder and Benny got her off. After years of not knowing one another, they were thrust together. Alice could be considered the “evil twin” in this circumstance and she proved that well! Inviting Benny over to her “place”, she cooked her dinner and gave her wine with some Rophynol in it. Benny found herself in a shallow grave in a makeshift coffin and needs to get out. Alice, while Benny was trapped, took over her life to move her 3 million dollars in to an off shore account so she could get away from the life she was leading, which turned out not so great either. Both Alice and Benny were not super close to anyone so it was easy to impersonate each other. An amazing book that I couldn’t put down! I would definitely recommend it to anyone!
So I missed my goal of 5lbs in the last month but I still am down again. I have lost another 1.5lbs! I am down to 190. I am almost at where I was when I lost all the weight and I can almost officially say I lost 20lbs (again)! I love how I feel for the most part. Actually, I love my new mirror and how it makes me look from the side. I don’t know if it’s how I really look because I don’t see it any other mirror, but I feel great when I stand in the bathroom and get ready. I feel like I’m at the circus when I stand at that mirror but with a good mirror. I like that better! Hadn’t done my hair yet, so I’m looking pretty gross, but I love it!
So I haven’t been on the scale in ten days and I’m kind of happy with todays results! I am down 1.5lbs and I am super excited. I feel lighter. I feel better. In fact, I went shopping at Old Navy the other day and tried on a bunch of dresses and XL were too big for me! They didn’t fit at all. It was amazing! I was so excited and was able to drop down to a large in dresses!! I still worry about shirts, where I am a bit toop heavy but I am down to 192 I believe it said and I am so happy! I obviously want to get lower than that but it’s a work in progress. I have been taking most of my alli pills all week, 18 pills is what I should have taken since Sunday, but I still have 7 left. I have been pretty good about what I’ve eaten and Eric has been so amazing about making good healthy dinners that I just can’t help but eat good. Thank you Eric! I love you so much! I even had an ice cream on Thursday night after like 9:30 at night and I’m’ still down 1.5lbs! Super excited! It gives me so much motivation!! I think that’s what I needed as I haven’t felt good about myself recently.
So once again I read another Ben Mezrich book. I like him. I never found myself reading true stories until recently and it’s kind of a nice change from the murder mysteries and Harlequin romance I have been reading for so many years. With that being said, I can’t believe the amount of money that can be made in Japan. I think I said something similar about Vegas for the last book, but it’s amazing though I don’t think I would want to be part of that. With the Yakuza running everything, it seems a bit scary. I would like to be able to go there and be an expat just for a little while and make even 1/10th the money they made on the last final exit transaction. Good book and I enjoy reading his books.
1. I am so sick of falling. I hate this. I only have so many other places that I can hurt and it’s getting pretty ridiculous!
2. I wish I wasn’t so naive sometimes. I need to wake up and see what is going on around me.
3. I have been sick for what seems like forever. I have been coughing for like three weeks straight, my nose has been stuffed up for about that time. I don’t know what to do anymore.
4. I hate snow! I would be happy if it never snowed again!
5. I’m not sure what I’m thinking about work right now. I love my job, but I’m not feeling appreciated there and I’m not sure how to handle it. I know that everyone is nervous that we are going to lose our jobs due to the buy out by Phillips, but I honestly think that we will continue to have our jobs and be able to do what we do. I could be wrong and maybe I’ll eat those words, but right now I’m still going with the glass is half full.
6. I haven’t been super good about my diet. I got on the scale last Wednesday when I was out with my foot and hadn’t gained or lost a pound in 12 days, which I guess is good that I didn’t gain any, but would have liked to have lost some of it. I did get on the scale on Sunday and put on .9lbs. Not a lot and I know sadly it all came from my choice of lunch on Saturday (McDonalds Mushroom Angus Swiss Burger) and then a Peanut Butter Sundae at Peaceful Meadows right after. I didn’t eat the whole thing (ice cream anyway) but still, I know that’s where it came from because I had been especially good the few days before it. I need to do something…
7. Brittany is starting to scare me. There was an issue in school recently that I won’t tell, but I’m scared. I don’t know what to do or how to handle it. I don’t want to be the mother of a teenager anymore. Especially not the mother of a teenage girl.
8. My house is super dusty and I should really dust more, but I’m just lazy and I don’t push my kids to do things. I guess I should fix that.
9. I’m really nervous about leaving my own house right now. Sad I know, but both slips have happened at my own house and I’m afraid that the next time will be really bad. I have been kiddingly saying that I hope the next one really keeps me home until the weather gets nice, but I’m really scared it might happen. My foot looks so gross right now and most of the time my wrist is fine, but when it hurts, let me tell you, it hurts!
10. This one was hard for me to think up things. I actually started this on Wednesday the 9th, hoping to post it on Thursday, but I just had some trouble coming up with things. I don’t know why. I need a theme for the next one I think. Any ideas??
I have to say that I have read some pretty good books so far and this one didn’t disappoint either. Ben Mezrich, the man who wrote Bringing Down the House about the MIT kids who were card counters, brings us another book about MIT kids who in his words “brought the casinos to their knees”. This time though, Semyon Dukach and his group did it a whole different way. A pretty simple way if you can get the techniques right and have the cash behind you to make the kinds of bets he was able to make. What an amazing thing these kids in their 20′s were able to do, bringing in over two million dollars in just a matter of months. Even now, Semyon Dukach, who isn’t allowed to play in Vegas, gets all the coops that he earned while playing there. Simple techniques that look easy, but to go through some of the things they went through to get there, I don’t know if I could do it. They were kicked off an island, had guns pointed at their heads, brought down to the rooms that most people have heard about but have had the good fortune of never seeing. Good book.
These were just too cute not to share!! Eric, Lisa and Amy through a few years…
Haven’t done one of these in awhile, but I had put some of Eric’s pictures on a disc for him and thought, this would be a good time to start this again. There will be more as soon as I start putting my own pictures on disc. Hopefully soon!
1. I have been trying to read a lot but it’s been harder than it normally is for me to get through a book. I’m not sure why. I normally get the large print books becuase they are easier to get from the library and they read faster, but it’s not working this time. It’s weird for me not to get a book finished fast.
2. I have lost my computer to Zachary it feels. He can’t get on things like Farmville on his computer, so he’s been using mine.
3. I would love to know what the words “Above and Beyond” mean to some.
4. I haven’t been as good with my diet as I would like to be. I wish I could be more strict about it.
5. I hate the snow and ice and slush that gets in the wheel wells of cars. I would love to go around parking lots and kick it out of everyone’s cars! It’s such a pet peeve for me!
6. Showering with the splint on my wrist is not easy. This morning I took a Walmart bag and cut a hole in the bottom and wrapped an elastic around the bottom of it. What a pain this is.
7. I’m super excited about getting hired on at Bath & Body Works. It’s a good job. A no brainer, which just makes it easy. I love working there!
8. I can’t believe Ms. Lauren will be 1 on Saturday. She’s getting so big and I love seeing her! I wish that I was able to spend more time with her. Rachel and Victor are amazing parents and have brought up a sweet little girl!
9. I have been doing a bit more with crafting reccently, but not a lot. I have made a card for the girl who sent me my stocking, which I wish I thought to take a picture of and I have made a card for the most beautiful person I know, but I haven’t finished it yet, so I will make sure to take a picture of that. I’m not super fancy, but I’m hoping to be by the end of the year.
10. All this snow is messing up my getting together with my Mom to make the quilt I’m making for my new niece that’s due in May. I need to get started on that soon. It’s all cut out, but I don’t know how to go about sewing it. How hard can it be? Hopefully not too hard.